Sunday, December 07, 2008

Send a Postcard to Obama and See Milk

Hello all,

Two quick things to tell you about.

1) In the DUC, 11-2 Monday Dec. 8th: Postcards to Obama
If you weren't able to attend Pride last GBM stop by the Duc and send a postcard to President-Elect Barack Obama asking him to repeal Don't Ask Don't Tell, repeal Defense of Marriage Act (D.O.M.A.) and pass a transgender inclusive Employment Nondiscrimination Act (ENDA). Tell all your friends to stop by too!

2) Chris Riha and Pride want you to see Milk at the Tivoli Dec. 9th at 7pm. Read Chris' message here:

On December 17th, I will (unfortunately) be turning 23 years old and I only want one thing for my birthday. I want to get the largest group possible together to see Milk at the Tivoli on Tuesday, December 9th at 7:00pm. I've already seen Milk once, and it was phenomenal and completely inspiring. However, I left the theater very angry with myself because before this movie was announced, I had no idea who Harvey Milk was and what he had sacrificed for me. All I want for my birthday is for people to come see this movie with me so that I can say, on a very small level, that I was able to do something good to honor this man's memory. Please feel free to invite people that I don't even know to come along to this movie. I want to see everyone there.

Thanks and have a great winter break!
-Pride Exec

Safe Sex Tip of the Week:
For use on penises, select a condom with a reservoir tip. For use on dildos or cylindrical vibrators, you may select a condom with a plain (non-reservoir) tip if you wish.

No comments: